The 313

DSC_0071

DSC_0106

DSC_0004


I spent my spring break in Detroit which is the last thing I thought I wanted to do. It turned out to be everything I needed and more. Detroit is this alternate reality where you see whispers of its past as one of America's greatest cities juxtaposed with more abandoned houses than I could count. At one point, I felt that I was in a post-apocalyptic city. I fell in love with Detroit despite all of its stereotypes. I met people and shared stories. I made friendships that will last. I volunteered with organizations that see all of the potential of the city.  At times I felt overwhelmed with a sense of helplessness and despair. By the end, however, I felt hope for all that Detroit can and will become.


~Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!