Mirando: Toledo

We took a day trip to Toledo, a city about an hour outside of Madrid. It's got the most interesting history and architecture, a mixture of Muslim, Jewish, and Christian influences. I couldn't have picked a better way to be introduced to European architecture. I'm taking an art history class, so I'm sure I will learn more.

I love being here. My roommate and I speak Spanish 90% of the time. I have friends familiar with the city who have been gracious enough to share it with me. Being independent, it's great to constantly be in a situation where I have to figure things out myself. Now, I'm trying to get plugged in with a small group, a church, and some language exchanges. As much as I love Americans, I'm here to absorb the Spanish culture. My other travels will begin soon, I have two trips that are already paid for and a couple of others in the works.

I realize that I like things short and sweet. A lot of times, I prefer to let the pictures say the most. Other times, I'll have a single photo and a few brief thoughts. If you ever want to know more about something, just leave a comment and ask! And I'm averaging a new Instagram every day.Follow along if you wish.

P.S. I didn't edit these photos. Toledo is that pretty.







Share the love,

Taylor

5 comments:

  1. These photos are beautiful!! It looks like you're having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are beautiful!! Thank you for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Enjoy your weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady! Your photos are GORGEOUS. I just nominated your for a Liebster Award -- check out the post here: http://moreawesomerblog.com/2014/01/18/saturday-things-liebster-award/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Studying abroad was one of the best things I've ever done! I'm so glad you are experiencing it yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!