Mirando: Segovia [and Lent]

I don't talk about Lent much. Too often, it's a sanctified diet instead of a time of preparation and contemplation. I didn't plan on doing Lent this year, but the Holy Spirit reminded me that I had something I needed to give up... forever.

The theme of control is recurring here at Live and Move, my constant struggle. That's why I decided to give up control for Lent. Boy, what a struggle. Enter Segovia.

Segovia, is a short bus ride away from Madrid. My friend and I planned a day trip. I messed up the bus time, missed the bus, and left my tickets on the metro in my rush to make the next train. My lack of control was blatantly obvious. I can't say I handled the situation perfectly, but I did pray.

Despite all the stress of the morning, I made it to Segovia. The sights were beautiful. We even took an unexpected hike. I'm going through Lent imperfectly, but letting go has proven to be a very good thing.





I'd love to hear your thoughts on Lent and such or just hear how life is going for you.

Share the love,

Taylor

2 comments:

  1. Caroline St. FrancisMarch 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM

    These pictures are beautiful! I'm studying abroad in Madrid this fall and you are making me even more excited, which I didn't think was possible!


    Caroline
    www.peachykeencaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I NEED to travel! Love these photos! I have a few trips planned but none to Europe, Spain is defnitely on my list though!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!