God Rest Ye Merry, Gentleman

I was never as excited about Advent as I should be. The importance of God becoming man and establishing His kingdom on earth was lost on me. I did the Christmas-y things and then went on about my year, largely unchanged. This season is different.

My mom bought me the Advent devotional  from She Reads Truth. It's full of s truths that are challenging me to explore what having the "Christmas spirit" really means.

Image of "O Come Let Us Adore Him" Advent Books

The devotional has Christmas carols sprinkled throughout and one in particular captured my heart. 

God rest ye merry, gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
Remember, Christ, our Savior 
Was born on Christmas day
To save us all from Satan's power
When we were gone astray
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy,
O tidings of comfort and joy

This is my anthem and my prayer during this Christmas season, that I can find rest, comfort, and joy in the beauty of the Gospel. 

What is inspiring you this season?

Share the love,

Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!