Musings: God is Funny




I started yesterday with the feeling that everything was standing still. You see, I hate waiting. And right now I'm waiting to hear news or make progress on about twelve things. I'm not exaggerating. I live for the feeling of working towards tangible goals and right now God is making it very clear that it's time to wait on Him. Yesterday morning it felt a little bit sadistic. Is He finding joy in making me suffer? That is absolutely not the case. My friends let me join them in seeing an acoustic set by the Head and the Heart last night. Their new album is called Let's Be Still and when they sang that song, I felt God telling me to be still, to sip tea and do my reading for class, to be a lover and a listener. Oh, friend, we serve a good God. It took a Facebook message, a phone call, and a concert to remind me of that. But He made sure I remembered. God's funny like that.

Share the love,

Taylor

P.S. Enter the Peach Tree Designs giveaway here for a chance at the cutest pair of triangle studs.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, if you only knew how much this post resonated with me. I'm in the middle of a huge change, too, but with little detail. It's been a lesson in patience and being still before God and feeling His peace in the midst of a stressful situation. I hope your news comes soon and that you can feel peace in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristyn @ Milk + CrownOctober 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM

    Taylor, I have been feeling quite the same lately. Waiting, always waiting. It can be trying and difficult and frustrating sometimes. But knowing that God's timing is so much better than ours, working on my patience and trust--those are blessings in disguise. I hope the things you are waiting on work out for you soon, and I'm glad you were able to find some peace and assurance through community and faith :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always happy to hear that my feelings helped someone else. I hope that this change in your life is all the God wants it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristyn, even your comments are written so beautifully. Here's to waiting and (attempting) to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!