Mirando: When You're Ready to Come Home

As I'm writing this post, I have 20 days left until I go home. Just the fact that I know the exact number of days is a hint that I'm ready to be back in America. I'm always ready for the next thing, for better or for worse. It doesn't help that I already know that this summer will be one of the best of my life.

Once again, I'm in the "in between." But this time, I know better how to navigate it. I'm focusing all of this energy into enjoying Madrid more. As much as I want to be home, I know that I won't get to experience living in Europe like this again.

Yesterday, I went for a run in one of the prettiest parks in Madrid. I saw the Pixar exhibit I've been wanting to see and went to the archeological museum. I'm writing this post from my favorite coffee shop. I got a tattoo! (Maybe that deserves a post of its own.)

I've always loved Jim Elliot's quote, "Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe  to be the will of God." I've always failed pretty miserably at it as well. That's my goal for the next 20 days--be in Madrid.

here

Share the love,

Taylor


1 comment:

  1. When I studied abroad, the same thing happened to me. I was counting down the days...until we had about a week left. Then all my friends and I just wanted to stay longer. It's funny how that works.

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!