Oil Dependent: Coconut


coconut oil
I know. I talked about oil before. You're probably thinking, "Really, Taylor? Again?" Yes, again. You see, my mom has been raving about coconut oil and all she's been using it for lately. It sounded pretty standard. Then I tried it... simplicity meets luxury. My mom adds coconut oil to Vaseline, to your basic moisturizing lotion and suddenly those products become creamier, more moisturizing, and better scented. For those of you who don't know, coconut oil is actually semi-solid but it melts at your touch. It gives anything it's mixed with a whipped texture. I am a complete convert to coconut oil. I added it to my lotion and still get a thrill every time I moisturize. My next task will be to test it out as a moisturizer for my natural hair. I've seen recipes and tutorials floating around Pinterest. Don't worry, I'll keep you updated!

Share the love,

Taylor

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of adding coconut oil to moisturizer. I've also heard about applying oil before you shower. I can already smell the coconut mixed in with the steam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! a friend also told me it's great in the summer for keeping bugs away....i'm like, allergic to mosquitos so i'm definitely going to test it out!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds good! I went hiking for two days this weekend wearing coconut oil as moisturizer and I didn't gett too bit up. Maybe that's why?

      Delete
  3. you should definitely try it on your hair.... I just bought a bottle on Sunday and I love the texture its adding to my hair! I keep touching it always ha!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sold! I'll probably use that on my hair after I co-wash it.

      Delete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!