Getting There: Goal Setting for a New Semester


here
I always feel like myself in the summer. It's me and Jesus and the people I love. I have a lot less distractions. Summers are my favorite. But the reality is that I'm a student. During this season of my life, school is important. Each semester (and sometimes mid-way through a semester) I set goals for myself. One of my favorite books, One.Life, asks the question, "What would it look like to have a life with no regrets?" I ask that question every semester. For me, words stick . I normally have a phrase, quote, or verse that I center a season of my life around. My verses this semester are Psalm 27:14-15.

I remain confident of this:

    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
14 
Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.

My goals for this year are twofold. First, I want to intentionally acknowledge the goodness the Lord. I plan to invest in relationships and put others first. Second, I want to wait on God. He's changing me each day and it's my job to follow His lead. That requires trust. It means I need to give up control. That's easier said than done. 

Goal setting isn't only for new years. What does it look like for you to live a season with no regrets?

Share the love,

Taylor

3 comments:

  1. Kristyn @ Milk + CrownAugust 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

    These are great goals. Love that you do this. Intentionally investing in relationships in college can be hard but so rewarding. This semester is already turning out to be a struggle for me emotionally, just knowing that I'll be done so soon and be back where I want to be. But I really want to try to embrace the present while I'm here, instead of wishing it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story of my life, Kristyn. It's unbelievably hard to live in the present but God tells us to do it because He's looking out for us. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My semester has just began, I need to set goals to cover up some past mistakes and achieve the best out of this semester...academically, spiritually, socially and financially. Thanx for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!