Setting Up Shop with Laura Lawson Visconti

Setting up Shop is back and I couldn't be more excited!

This week, I'm sharing advice from none other than Laura Lawson Visconti.

here
If you're like me, you may have discovered Laura from her viral elopement video. After some internet snooping, I was absolutely smitten. An artist, Laura has a disease that is causing her to slowly lose her sight. The sense of carpe diem that comes from such a diagnosis is apparent in everything from her Instagram (one of my daily encouragements) to her art.

here
As always with Setting Up Shop, I asked Laura to give a little advice. Here's what she wanted to share:

"If I had to give one piece of advice for a young creative just starting out, it would be this: be authentic. Honesty speaks so much louder than creating work you don’t actually believe in. If you want to be a photographer but are nervous because everyone around you is already snapping beautiful Tumblr-worthy photos, stay true to your gut and do it anyway. It will take some time, a lot of hard work and dedication, but in the end will be completely worth it. Speak your heart openly and honestly – it’s scary at first, but thrilling too. People often give up right before they see success, so keep at it. I think Nike says it best: Just Do It"

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Laura and her advice!

Share the love,

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!