About that tattoo of mine

Those of you who follow me on Instagram may remember a certain post about me getting a tattoo in Spain. It's been called a "v", a pen mark, and not a real tattoo (all jokingly!), but for me it's a reminder.


I spent spring break in Nice with one of my best friends. I journaled through 30 Questions to Ask Your heart and wrote about the kind of woman I want to be. All of my thoughts centered around two things: A woman whose love for God is evident and a woman whose love for others is undeniable.

Two verses kept whispering to me:

John 3:30 "He must become greater; I must become less."

Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."

Those thoughts turned into a tattoo idea--a greater than sign that has me as the less than side of the equation. This tiny reminder gives me daily conviction and encouragement as I watch God create change in my heart.

What is God doing in your life lately?

Share the love,

Taylor

2 comments:

  1. God has really been trying to get me to spend more time with him and to rely on him. I'm being really stubborn, of course. But not because I don't want to (of course I do), but mostly because I've been feeling so far for so long that the motivation is just really lacking. It's so hard being a Christian! I'm glad that you openly write about your faith though. Not many young adult bloggers do that, so I always like reading about it when people do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kriselle, you always encourage me to keep sharing my faith in this space!

      Delete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!