Seeking Ubuntu and How That Led to Starting a Link Up

Before I went to South Africa, I wrote a post about Ubuntu. It's a Bantu term that talks about what it means to live in true community. Nelson Mandela sums it up amazingly in this quote, 

"A traveller through a country would stop at a village and he didn't have to ask for food or for water. Once he stops, the people give him food and attend him. That is one aspect of Ubuntu, but it will have various aspects. Ubuntu does not mean that people should not enrich themselves. The question therefore is: Are you going to do so in order to enable the community around you to be able to improve?" 

This is completely biblical. We're called to live in community and to consider others better than ourselves. Both the ideas of Christian community and conscious living have been heavy on my heart. I wanted to create a space for us to engage in those topics, so I'm starting a link up. At this point, I think it will be bi-weekly on Tuesdays. Your part is to link one of your posts and to tell your friends. Talk about a day when community felt strong, about broken friendships, about how your shopping habits help to alleviate the pain of others. I can think of a million and one blog posts you could write. I cannot wait for the opportunity to share in online community by reading all of these posts. I'll be inspired and informed. I hope you will be too. The first Seeking Ubuntu link up will be next Tuesday. Grab a button and I'll see you then!

Share the love,

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!