Summer Snapshots: Sasolburg, South Africa

I'm nearing the end of my summer snapshots series. Sasolburg was my second to last stop in South Africa. Here, I got to live with twins just a couple of years older than me. I saw their university, watched their field hockey game, went rafting, and just generally hung out. English was their second language, so they were really nervous to talk. I did a lot of listening in Afrikaans or filling in the blanks for a word they forgot the name of. Their vocabularies were impressive though. University classes are in English, so they knew plenty of words that surprised me. I enjoyed being with my peers for that week and a half.

We went to a zoo and I loved the colors of these birds.


Her school was also a mini nature reserve that had all kinds of antelope... and monkeys!



We drove out to a flea market and I watched these men stuff two live sheep into the trunk of that car.



We went on another game drive at a nature reserve in her town.





We went to a lion farm and I got to pet this cutie!



The dogs and lions were friends!



Share the love,

Taylor

P.S. The giveaway is still going strong!

6 comments:

  1. these photos could be in a magazine! breathtakingly beautiful!
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God everything looks simply amazing! But may i? Those birds.. i fall in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, you're too kind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!