Musings: Life and Death

Today, I feel refreshed.
It started on Sunday afternoon. My friend and I drank tea and talked about gossiping. No one likes a gossip. No one trusts a gossip. There's always that niggling thought that if someone could talk so badly about another person, then they more than likely have no problem speaking ill of you.

Yet gossip and judgement are so addicting. It's the easiest way to keep a conversation going with someone you don't know well. It's the lazy woman's way of "building friendship." Well, Sunday night my friend came up to me and suggest we stop talking about people behind their backs. (And by people, we mean friends and acquaintances. We'll work our way up to professors.)

It's been so refreshing. I can't tell you how, but my perspective on my life and the people in it has shifted in just a few days. Now, I haven't had people around mean start to gossip just yet, so I know there's a lot of growth and temptation to come. But for now, I'm enjoying a life that looks just a teensy bit more like my Savior's.

There's a reason why the Bible says the tongue has the power of life and death.

Today, I'm choosing life.

Share the love,

Taylor

2 comments:

  1. So good, I love how you said its the lazy womans way to make friendships. This is so true and something Ive really been noticing in my own life. How its so much easier it seems to say something about someone rather than lift them up. Great post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!