Getaway: The Art of the Hostess Gift

Hello, friend! It's Taylor again for a change. Host gifts are so important when traveling so I thought I'd share my tips with you. Here are the gifts I got for my various hosts:


A host literally shares their home with you. That's why I like to bring a piece of my home as a gift to them. I live right down the street from the Frank Lloyd Wright house, so I enjoy getting mementos that are related to his work. For the two older ladies I'll be staying with in South Africa, I chose trivets/wall sconces in two of his iconic designs. They're useful, fit many styles, and remind them of me. For the two college students who will host me, I got Frank Lloyd Wright notebooks. What college student couldn't use another place to write their thoughts down? In addition to these gifts, I'll probably treat each of my hostesses to a meal. It's another easy way to show my appreciation. Finally, I carry thank you notes with me so that I can easily write a note and leave it on my bed when I leave. What pieces of home do you like to share as a part of your host gifts?

Share the love,

Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!