DIY: Penchant for the Past

DSC_0818 copy


Sometimes DIY projects just fall into your lap. That's what happened with this one. All of these slides ended up in the recyclables at my house after some garage cleaning. I rescued some of the more scenic ones. Each slide captures sights from Europe or beautiful landscapes. After punching two holes in each slide,  I took some button thread (stronger than normal thread) and sewed the slides onto the thread.  I decided to make two tiers but you could do so much more with these slides. I'd love to use them as a vertical backdrop for a soiree. I could even see them used to make an updated stained glass look. The way each one catches the light and tells a little story, it's inspirational. What variations on this project would you make?

Share the love,

Taylor

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool project! My parents have some old slides from when they were my age that they wanted to throw away (and which I 'saved'). This would put them to great use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!