2013

Oh, 2013. You were full and vibrant, painful and beautiful. This year I started Live and Move. I went to South Africa. I explored. I saw more of my flaws than I'd like. I dreamt. For me, the intricacies of 2013 can only be explained by a God who loves me deeply, despite my blemishes.
Some highlights of 2013 as told by my Instagram

As 2014 draws ever nearer, I have a few goals. I love fresh starts, and make new objectives for myself whenever it seems fit. That being said, these are not resolutions. They're free to change as I change over the course of the year.

1. Work on being fulfilled and defined by Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:31 has been reverberating in my mind "Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord." 2014 will involve exploring the manifestations of that verse in my life.

2. Find my voice. I have so enjoyed writing here at Live and Move. However, I feel that this space lacks direction. This is a place for me to test and create. Expect that in the coming year.

3. Unplug. Much of the time, social media makes me unhappy. I want to limit my time online, making the time I do spend on the Internet as edifying as possible.

4. Create. I'm a dabbler. 2014 means finding new ways to create. Maybe this year, one with resonate with me.

5. Invest. This year brought with it the blessing of powerful one on one conversations. There's a year and a half left of college. I want to cultivate these relationships.

6. Explore. Did I mention the fact that I'm spending four months in Europe, or the fact that there's a roadtrip on the books for this summer? I can't wait!

If I haven't told you already, my relationship with my readers and the friendships that have developed because of the blog are one of the most cherished parts of 2013.  Thank you for sticking with me. I'm excited to walk through 2014 with you.

Share the love,

Taylor

2 comments:

  1. Number 1. Amen to that, girl! I feel the same way. I hope that this year will be good for you in doing just that [:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great resolution list, Taylor! I would also like to take more time to "unplug" this year and focus on the things and people that are in my life physically :) Maybe this involves a better work/life balance for me :) Happy new year!! Hope it is just wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!