Getaway: Beach Style with Sarah

Hello everyone!  My name is Sarah and you can find me over at A Girl Smitten.  I'm super excited (and honored to boot!) to be guest posting for Taylor while she is in South Africa!  I'm so happy that she's getting the chance to do this, I'm sure it's going to be an amazing experience.

The theme we are focusing on here is Getaway.  Of course, summer is the perfect time for a get away, with all these beautiful destinations just beckoning.  I am and always have been partial to the beach.  I grew up going to visit my grandmother who lived in a sleepy little beach front town so that salty air always holds a bit of nostalgia for me.

Seeing as the beach is my favorite (and that I love a good style post) I thought it would be fitting to share with you how I like to do the beach getaway.  More specifically, what I like to wear and why.


A Beach Getaway


Hat  |  Sunglasses  |  Necklace  |  Swim Suit  |  Cover-Up  |  Bag  |  Nail Polish  |  Magazine  |  Beach Towel  |  Sandals

In regards to style I generally like to have the majority of my look be simple and classic.  If the basics are classic then your outfit will look instantly put together and you'll never be considered overly trendy, always classy.  The hat, glasses, swimsuit, and cover up are all simple but timeless.  That being said, my favorite thing to do is add something fun in the mix!  This bag and necklace are just the ticket.

Let's not forget the reading material!  Is it really a getaway without something to get lost in?  I'd venture to say no.  I love bringing along books (a few of my faves: The Great Gatsby or The Time Traveler's Wife) or a few magazines (Darling is a great one).

Sidenote: I share Taylor's sentiments on fashion so I really enjoyed the video she posted here!  Definitely worth a watch!)

So there we have it!  My beach style essentials that can take you from lying on the beach to exploring.  What do you always bring on your vacations?  Where is your favorite place to go?

Thanks for reading guys!

Be sure to stop by Sarah's blog!

Share the love,

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day a little brighter with your lovely words!